Sunday, February 23, 2014

Donation Quilts

Donation Quilt
"Fall Fancy"
pattern by
 Heather Finnell
pieced and quilted
Sharon Sweetland
I have been working on a donation quilt this week-end for fire victims in our area. Our local quilt guild makes quilt tops during the winter, getting together for a couple of hours before meeting to piece tops and catch up on everybody's lives.
All most all materials are donated and usually a longarmer in the guild will donate her time to quilt it.
I had this top for several years in the closet so decided I could spare it and quilted it to donate.

I think it is important to donate our time and talents for important causes..
Besides helping someone in need it can really make you feel good about helping others.

I designed a new edge2edge pattern for  this quilt called  Pear_Swirl_E2E.
If you use QLI or DXF format for your computerized quilting machine  there is a free giveaway  of this pattern to the first 10 people who register at my website.
Shop.sweetlandofquilts.com
I will let everyone know next week who won the patterns.
   
Be quilt happy
Sharon






No comments:

Post a Comment